Fire Sprinkler Lead
Every Sisco Safety employee undergoes an extensive hiring process including 2 or 3 rounds of interviews with various members of our team such as our office manager and the owners. Potential employees are also expected to pass initial and random drug tests as well as a 7-year federal background check. All safety specialists are certified to complete inspections in the states of North and South Carolina, with plans in place to expand to surrounding states.
If you are interested in becoming part of Sisco Safety please view our open positions below and submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Sisco Safety is looking for sprinkler inspectors to complete inspections at our Greensboro and Durham, North Carolina locations. Candidate should be familiar with fire sprinkler inspections and services.
Sisco Safety is looking for motivated individuals who want control of their ability to grow professionally with a company that is rapidly growing throughout the Carolinas. We are specifically looking for individuals that have experience with Water Based Systems/Fire Sprinkler Systems. As a team our goal is to ease the burden of uncertainty and save lives by ensuring life safety equipment including fire extinguishers, emergency & exit lighting, fire doors, fire dampers, backflows, suppression systems, sprinklers, alarms, fire pumps, and fire hydrants are code compliant and ready to saving lives.
What does it look like to be an Sprinkler Inspector / Service Specialist with Sisco Safety? You will work directly with Operations Manager and the License Holder to execute NFPA mandated inspections and repair/service Fire Sprinkler Systems to keep our clientele code compliant and facilities safe. You will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of site specific fire sprinkler inspections and repairs including completion of job tasks and consistent communication between customer and scheduling team. You will be given the opportunity to grow yourself and impact your own future; we value and emphasize growth so we financially support our entire team in taking training classes to better themselves.
Sisco is driven by technology so you will use your company supplied iPhone to verify your upcoming schedule and when on site you will utilize our software to track inspections. You will safely travel to the job site via your company supplied vehicle. We offer staff training sessions, social events and community outreach. It is expected that you have a general knowledge of fire extinguishers, emergency lights and other NFPA elements as we service all of our client's life safety needs. At the end of the first year, success would mean: mastery of our company software, passing NFPA 10, and agreed upon goals where YOU want to go in year two. JOIN US in an industry that is recession proof, pandemic proof and has unlimited future growth potential in protecting clients. Wherever you live, work or play ALL buildings have fire and life safety devices which are required to be inspected by trained, certified and professional fire and life safety inspectors.
Qualifications & Duties:
- Experience with Water Based Systems (NFPA 25) Inspections and Fire Sprinkler Services (Repair/Maintenance)
- NICET 2 or above in Water Based Systems or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Experience with pipe fitting, including basic hand toolsExperience with testing and maintenance of Fire Pumps
- Experience with basic fire sprinkler maintenance and operations in order to repair/modify systems
- Either have or can obtain OSHA 10 certificationFollows company policy as it relates to completing of inspections and services including all paperwork and communication requirements.
- Follows guidelines and requirements for inspections and services according the applicable NFPA standard and manufacturer's specifications
- Understand the importance of Communicating discrepancies, necessary system repairs, and other important issues to the customer, Sisco Office and Operations Manager as applicable
- Completes continuing education necessary to maintain current certifications and/or licenses as required for position
- Supports other departments of the company as needed and/or performs other related duties as required
- Be a leader in workplace safety, identification of unsafe practices and solutions to improve on practices
- Maintain company vehicle and driving record
- Valid Real ID and clean driving record
- Ability to pass National Background Check
- Ability to pass initial and random drug and alcohol testing
- Willing to obtain NFPA 10 certification within 90 days of hiring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to climb a ladder, carry 60 lbs and travel to and from job sites
- Ability to accommodate shift changes, overtime and scheduled overnight travel approximately 35%
- Available for After Hours work when scheduled
- Available for emergency calls when required
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google
- Interact and communicate in a professional manner with clients and team members
- Additional NFPA certifications are a plus
Career Growth Opportunities:
- Company paid Training
- Company iPhone
- Company Vehicle
- Company paid Uniform and Safety Shoes
- Staff Training Sessions and Socials
- Community Outreach
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
Training and Certifications directly affect salary increases and title.
- Quarterly Career Coaching
Sisco Safety is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.