Fire & Life Safety Inspector
Every Sisco Safety employee undergoes an extensive hiring process including 2 or 3 rounds of interviews with various members of our team such as our office manager and the owners. Potential employees are also expected to pass initial and random drug tests as well as a 7-year federal background check. All safety specialists are certified to complete inspections in the states of North and South Carolina, with plans in place to expand to surrounding states.
If you are interested in becoming part of Sisco Safety please view our open positions below and submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Sisco Safety is looking for Safety Specialists to complete inspections at our Charlotte, Greensboro and Durham, North Carolina locations. Candidate should be familiar with general fire and safety products and services.
Our family owned Fire & Life Safety business grew 45%, in 2018, and we plan to stay on that same trajectory. We are passionate about safety and use technology and education to keep us at the top of our market. Come join our team!
Fire & Life Safety is a career field worth exploring. We are a highly regulated profession with numerous career opportunities in all facets of business. It is a job in high demand with outstanding future potential and security. Where ever you live, work or play ALL buildings have fire and life safety devices which are required to be inspected by trained, certified and professional fire and life safety inspectors.
We have the same commitment to our team as we do to our customers, making things better. At Sisco Safety, we want you to continue to grow in the fire and life safety industry. You are in control of your career path and we offer quarterly meetings with leaders and owners to develop strategic plans to achieve your goals. We even prove our support by paying for your continuing education and certifications!
We are completely paperless and supply all team members an iPhone and a company vehicle. We use technology to drive our business efficiently and effectively. Knowledge of fire and life safety inspections is a plus but is not required. We offer our team the ability to work both independently and with a small team on both large and small client sites. Because of our industry and what we do, employees must be able to carry 30lbs.
We are proud of the hardworking and dedicated team we have compiled and enjoy giving back to our community through company events. We also enjoy plenty of social time attending sporting events and grabbing dinner as a team.
Of course, all employees are required to take and pass random drug and alcohol tests.
Create a culture of safety minded professionals who do the right thing when no one is watching which allows us to own fire and safety inspections in the Carolinas. Sisco Safety partners with highly regulated industries to provide compliant safety services through trusting our team and respecting our clients.
These are all compelling reasons why working for a professional fire protection company is worth considering:
- Paid Vacation (Up to 4 weeks)
- Paid Bank Holidays
- Company Car (Not Available for all positions)
- Quarterly Social Outings
- Quarterly Paid volunteer opportunities
- Quarterly Career Coaching sessions
- Personal integrity
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable being a member of a team
- Ability to work alone on a schedule
- Ability to work fast paced changing environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Enjoys learning
- Know and follow current NFPA codes to perform accurate and efficient inspections
- Inspect fire protection devices (extinguishers, hoses, first aid kits, first aid cabinets, defibrillators, eyewash stations, fire hoses, hose stations & other safety devices etc.) to ensure unit meets code standards
- Take extinguishers & cylinders to branch for required maintenance
- Service and maintain fire extinguishers
- Install fire extinguishers properly
- Test, repair, replace and sell exit and emergency light units, batteries and bulbs
- General mechanical abilities
- Ability to lift 60lb
- Some outdoor work required
- Working knowledge and general awareness of safety requirements
- Typical work hours are 8-5, however we work as our client’s needs require
- Some weekend and off normal working hours are required from time-to-time
- Some basic understanding of electrical circuits, etc are a plus but not required
- Basic understanding of valves and piping are a plus but not required
- Perform other activities as directed by management.
- Candidates must pass random drug and background check
- Good interpersonal skills needed to interact with clients
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must be well versed in the safe use of general hand tools and power tools
- Must have or be able & willing to attain State Fire Extinguisher License within first review period (90 days)
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver