Every Sisco Safety employee undergoes an extensive hiring process including 2 or 3 rounds of interviews with various members of our team such as our office manager and the owners. Potential employees are also expected to pass initial and random drug tests as well as a 7-year federal background check. All safety specialists are certified to complete inspections in the states of North and South Carolina, with plans in place to expand to surrounding states.
If you are interested in becoming part of Sisco Safety please view our open positions below and submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Sisco Safety is looking for Safety Specialists to complete inspections at our Greensboro and Durham, North Carolina locations. Candidate should be familiar with general fire and safety products and services.
Experience with the following a plus but not a requirement:
Candidate should feel comfortable dealing with co-workers, clients, and/or being on a team that provides service to both large and small clients and working as part of a team or working alone with direction from a supervisor.
Portable Fire Extinguishers (NFPA 10)
- Pre-Engineered Systems (NFPA 17, 17A, 96)
- Water Based (NFPA 25)
- Alarms (NFPA 72, 70)
When the candidate is not on service calls, he/she should perform general support duties in the warehouse such as service extinguishers, prepare/maintain inventory in the warehouse or other activities as instructed by manager. Candidate must pass an alcohol, drug and background check, which are given at random after initial screening.
- Personal integrity
- Positive attitude
- Comfortable being a member of a team
- Ability to work alone on a schedule
- Ability to work fast paced changing environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Enjoys learning
- Know and follow current NFPA codes to perform accurate and efficient inspections
- Inspect fire protection devices (extinguishers, hoses, first aid kits, first aid cabinets, defibrillators, eyewash stations, fire hoses, hose stations & other safety devices etc.) to ensure unit meets code standards
- Take extinguishers & cylinders to branch for required maintenance
- Service and maintain fire extinguishers
- Install fire extinguishers properly
- Test, repair, replace and sell exit and emergency light units, batteries and bulbs
- General mechanical abilities
- Ability to lift 60lb
- Some outdoor work required
- Working knowledge and general awareness of safety requirements
- Typical work hours are 8-5, however we work as our client’s needs require
- Some weekend and off normal working hours are required from time-to-time
- Some basic understanding of electrical circuits, etc are a plus but not required
- Basic understanding of valves and piping are a plus but not required
- Perform other activities as directed by management.
- Candidates must pass random drug and background check
- Good interpersonal skills needed to interact with clients
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must be well versed in the safe use of general hand tools and power tools
- Must have or be able & willing to attain State Fire Extinguisher License within first review period (90 days)
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver